Monday, May 23, 2011

A black eye and cottonwood

A couple of weeks ago while we had some nice weather me and a couple of my sister-in-laws packed a lunch and a whole lot of kids and went to cottonwood. There is usually millions of tadpoles but I guess we went a little early because they hadn't hatched yet but we brought a whole bunch of eggs home and watched them hatch. There were probably 2,00o tadpoles, after we watched them hatch we went and set them free at the field. A day before we went to cottonwood we were over at grandma DeAnns and Adison found a whole bunch of golf balls so she was throwing them all out of the box. I asked Jake if he could go start picking some of them up. He so nicely went to do as I asked and that is when Ads threw a ball and hit him right on that bone in the eyebrow. By the time he ran to me his eye had swollen up to almost a golf ball. He woke up at about 11:00 that night and was crying "I can't see" his eye was swollen shut! It was so sad. It turned into a sweet black eye but everytime you would say that to Jake he would say it's not black it's purple."
































1 comment:

Heats said...

Looks super fun and warm! Cottonwood is a great little secret.