

These pictures are not really in the right order but I am sick of fighting. Anyway the last couple of days in Australia we went on a road trip to Augusta. It was probably my favorite part of the whole trip. We started out by going to a light house that was pretty much amazing! It was so fun to go up and see the ocean. Then we followed up the lighthouse with some whale watching. That was by far my favorite! We got to see a few breaching humpback whales and some seals, then the whale watcher was like "NO WAY......look at that footprint!" We were all trying to find what he was looking at and he didn't want to tell us what he thought it might be because he didn't want to get our hopes up. Soon we found what he was looking for and it was a blue whale. They are the biggest mammels on the planet and it was so AWESOME! They can grow to be like 100 feet in length and weigh tons and tons! They are gray when out of the water but in the water they turn like an Aqua blue. We followed him for a while and it was pretty cool. When we got back the captain informed us that the little brown bags were the ticket to get back to shore first. I am glad that we didn't have any of those in our group. The next day we went and walked down a pier that was like a mile long, it even had a little train for people that didn't want to walk that far. I met a little old man at the end of the pier and started talking to him. I asked him if he ever saw dolphins there. He told me that he didn't see them much anymore because down the coast a little ways they had a place where they fed the dolphins but he said a few years back a dolphin would come and he would feed it some of his fish.Soon they became friends and one day 2 little girls were there and they jumped in and his dolphin friend stayed and swam with the girls for quite some time. He told me that was one of his favorite memories. He was originally from Ireland and he was telling me that he had been married for like 60 years and that if he had murdered someone he would have served his time and been set free but he said that he was still just serving his sentence quietly! I really liked him.



 |
| This cute little town had a cow theme going on. I loved it here and loved the candy store! |
 |
| Dave and the golden cow! |
 |
| Me and the candy cow! |
 |
| I think this is the greatest sign I have ever seen! |
 |
| view from the lighthouse. One side is the southers ocean and the other is the Indian ocean....I think. |
No comments:
Post a Comment