Monday, February 3, 2014

New zealand

Ok I know these pictures are not in any order but I am 8 months behind and if I don't get something done I am going to quit! Anyway on our first full day in New Zealand we got up and drove to a little town where we went glow worm sightseeing and white water rafting. we had to wear cold wetsuits and climb into a cave and jump off waterfalls into water that we couldn't see since it was pitch black in the cave. After climbing through the cave for a little while the cave would open up and we would jump on our tubes and float down the cave looking up at the ceiling that was totally lit up in little blue lights that they call glow worms which are actually more like glow magets to be exact! After our rafting expierence we got in the camping van and went on some tiny windy roads up to this amazing waterfall! 

 








This little bird is called the Kiwi and they also call New Zealanders "KIWIS." They are very hard to find because they are almost extinct in the wild and they are nocturnal birds. These were stuffed ones but we did get to see a real life one:)

This tree was at our camper van park and I thought it was pretty dang cool!





New Zealand Temple.


Before church we decided to go for a little nature walk. It rained the entire time but this waterfall was pretty cool. We started at the top of the waterfall and then you could climb down to the bottom. I think me, Jen, and Tricia, are the only ones that went to the bottom. 





No comments: