On the last day we got up and got all loaded and started our drive to the airport. We decided that on our way we would stop and see where the movie "The Hobbit" was filmed. Kristen had wanted to go there and none of us was really sure if we wanted to spend $100 dollars each to go see hobbiton. When we got there and saw how beautiful it was we were a little sad that we didn't have time to do the whole tour. It was seriously the most beautiful place I had ever seen! It is exactly what I pictured when I thought of New Zealand. Rolling hills,Green, and sheep on the terraced landscape. We jumped back into the camping van and headed toward the airport. We stopped at one last spot to stop and eat lunch, it was an overlook and it made me a little sad that we hadn't got to see more of this beautiful place! I was sad to board because of the long flight but I was SO excited to see my kids again! 17 days was a long time to be away but I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to go and for the amazing people that stepped up and took my kids!









No comments:
Post a Comment